E .C.O. Recipe
Our tried and tested favourites
With everything that’s going on in the world at the moment we’ve managed to find some solace in baking with ingredients we already have at home, like this quick and easy crumble recipe.
It’s great for a Sunday dessert, especially as it’s mother’s day this Sunday and someone will have to cook! We love this recipe accompanied with dairy free ice cream, cream or custard.
- 3 medium cooking apples (Bramley)
- 200g blackberries, blueberries or other soft fruit
- 2 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 200g plain flour
- 125g caster sugar
- 125g dairy-free margarine
- 1/2 tbsp rolled oats
- Serve with vegan ice cream, cream or custard
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan
- Prepare the apples by peeling and removing the core. Cut into 1cm thick slices
- Arrange the apple slices in a round baking dish so they lay flat (ideally in one layer)
- Mix the caster sugar and 1tbsp of the soft brown sugar together and sprinkle over the apples
- Add the blackberries on top of the apple
- For the crumble sift the flour into a bowl and add a pinch of salt. Add the margarine and rub together with the flour using your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs. Ensure that all of the mixture is combined and no flour is left at the bottom
- Add the crumble topping to the fruit then sprinkle with the oats and remaining brown sugar
- Put the crumble in the oven for 40 minutes or until the crumble is slightly browning and the apples feel soft
- Serve with your vegan ice cream, cream, custard or simply on its own!
We hope you enjoy this recipe! Got a recommendation to add to our recipe book? Let us know.
Lauren works as a digital fundraiser for a charity and volunteers in her spare time for a small animal charity doing all things digital. On the last Sunday of the month you’ll catch her out on a canoe litter picking on the Thames. Her favourite eco product is BECO soap.