E .C.O. Recipe
Our tried and tested favourites
If you’re a mushroom lover then this one’s for you, it’s packed full of mushrooms and has a rich sauce that isn’t full of cream making it vegan and delicious!
1 tbsp olive oil
750g chestnut mushrooms sliced
1 red onion finely diced
3 garlic cloves finely diced
2x400ml cans of coconut milk
2 tsp dijon mustard
2 tsp paprika
3 tbsp olive/coconut oil
Fresh parsley to garnish
Brown rice to serve
- First prepare the garlic, onion and mushrooms
- Heat a large pan with olive oil and turn to a low-medium heat. Add the onion cooking for 7 minutes until soft then add the mushrooms for a further 5 minutes stirring frequently. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes further stirring the whole time so the garlic doesn’t catch and burn
- Add the coconut milk, lemon juice, mustard and paprika stirring well
- If cooking brown rice put this on the hob now
- Add the seasoning and cook on a medium heat for 25-30 minutes stirring every so often
- Plate up with your rice and top with a pinch of parsley
We love this recipe because it’s vegan (making it have a lower environmental impact) and most ingredients can be bought plastic free!
Lauren works for a charity, has been vegetarian for 11 years (newly vegan this year) and volunteers for an animal charity in her spare time. Her favourite eco product is the Face Halo.