Quick vegan: Best ever double chocolate cookies
Vegan meals made in under 20 minutes
We love food and want to share our favourite quick and easy plant based recipes with you just in time for the weekend!
This is hands down the best cookie recipe we’ve made either vegan or dairy and it’s a crowd pleaser both at work and at home. All you’ll need is a hand mixer or a wooden spoon and strong arm!
150g caster sugar
150g soft brown sugar
170g vegan margerine
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
85g cocoa powder
190g plain flour
1 1/2 tbsp almond milk or other dairy free milk of your choice
170g vegan dark chocolate broken up
- Heat the oven to 180°C and line a tray with a reusable baking sheet
- Put both the white and brown sugar in a bowl with the margerine and cream together with an electric whisk until light and fluffy then add the vanilla
- Sift the baking powder, cocoa powder and flour together until the margerine mixture
- Add the milk and mix by hand until combined
- Add 3/4 of your chocolate chunks and disperse evenly through the mix
- Roll into balls and flatten with your finger tips adding the remaining chocolate chunks on top
- Bake in the center of the oven for 10 minutes (note they will be very soft but firm up when you take them out of the oven
We want to share this recipe with you because it’s dairy free and at E.C.O. we want to encourage as many people as possible to cook plant based recipes and cut dairy out of their diet where they can!
Lauren works for a public health charity, has been vegetarian for 11 years (newly vegan this year) and volunteers for an animal charity in her spare time. Her favourite eco product is the Face Halo.