Our favourite, easy vegan homemade nut butter recipe
E .C.O recipe
Our tried and tested favourites
This is the worlds easiest recipe and with only one main ingredient (and three optional) it’s almost impossible to mess up! It’s also a great option for those who want to avoid palm oil or don’t want any additives in their nut butter.
All you will need is the ingredients below, an oven, a food processor and one or more sterilised glass jars.
- 400g of the nut of your choice we love peanuts and almonds
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Olive oil (optional)
- Maple syrup or natural sweetener (optional)
- Sterilise your jar/s and preheat your oven to 180 degrees
2. Put your nuts on a baking sheet and bake for up to 10 minutes, giving them a shake half way through. Make sure they don’t go too brown
3. Allow to cool on a wire rack
4. Once cool place the nuts in a food processor for 8-12 minutes until the mixture becomes smooth. Stop the processor every so often and stir to ensure that everything is combined.
5. If you want to include salt or sweetener add them now
6. Check the consistency of the mixture and add a little oil if you want to loosen it up
7. Once finished spoon the mixture into your sterilised jar
Keep your nut butter in the fridge to keep it fresh and make sure you give it a thorough stir before each use!
We chose to share this recipe because at E.C.O. we don’t buy products with palm oil in them and we refuse to support the palm oil trade because of the devastating effects it has on the rainforest and its inhabitants. Sadly most nut butters sadly contain palm oil so this recipe is a great way of staying palm oil free and it’s 100% vegan.
If you don’t have time to make this recipe we would suggest buying Meridian nut butters as the brand does not use palm oil in any of their products.
Got a recommendation to add to our recipe book? Let us know.