Creamy vegan leek and mushroom tagliatelle recipe
This vegan tagliatelle is the ultimate feel good meal, perfect for those who have transitioned to a plant based diet and are missing those home comfort staples.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Serves 4 people
3 cloves of garlic (or 4 if they’re small)
Veg stock (as required)
Single Soya Cream
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Chop up mushrooms into small strips and place in a hot saucepan with a touch of coconut oil. Sweat down until all of the water has come out of them and evaporated off.
3. While this is happening, cut your leeks lengthways into quarters and then chop perpendicularly to get small pieces of leek
4. Mince your garlic and add to the mushrooms. Fry for roughly 30 seconds.
5. Add your leeks and sweat down for 5 mins.
6. Make your veg stock using either stock cubes or your own if you have the time and patience!
7. Add the stock just enough to cover the mixture.
8. Set your tagliatelle pasta going. (If using dry semolina wheat pasta, roughly 9-11mins in boiling water) Don’t forget to salt your water!
9. Once the stock has reduced by roughly half, add in enough soya cream to change the colour of the mixture to a nice creamy white.
10. Simmer for another 5 mins and your pasta should just be about ready
11. Switch everything off, drain the pasta and add to the mixture.
12. Add salt and pepper to taste and there you have it!