Vegan meals made in under 20 minutes
Our ‘Quick Vegan:’ series are short, sharp pieces that get to the point. You’re a busy person who needs to eat, so check out our simple recipes that get from screen to stomach in 20m or less.
What you’ll need:
- 2 over ripe bananas
- 3/4 tbsp of golden syrup or honey
- 220g rolled oats
- 80g vegan butter (we use Pure dairy free sunflower spread
- A handful of dried fruits (we used cranberries)
- A handful of pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Dairy free ice-cream (we used Walls Swedish Glace vanilla)
- Greaseproof paper
What to do:
- Switch the oven to 190 degrees
- Mush the banana in a bowl with a fork
- Melt the dairy free butter in the microwave and pour into the bowl
- Add the syrup/honey and mix together
- Pour in the fruit and seeds
- Add the oats and combine
- Line a brownie tin with greaseproof paper and pour the mixture into the tin
- Press the oat mixture into the tin and sprinkle cinnamon all over the top
- Bake for 15 mins or until golden brown
- Slice and serve with dairy free ice-cream
Want to spice it up? Swap the fruit for stem ginger, double the cinnamon and add vegan chocolate drops
Want to make this veggie? Just add milk chocolate drops and serve with dairy ice-cream of your choice.
Got a recommendation to add to our Quick Vegan: series? Let us know.
Grace works for a School Improvement Partnership and is our resident ocean lover. Having worked as a scuba instructor in Indonesia she has picked up her fair share of ocean plastic. Her favourite eco product is Oliva Olive Oil Soap.